Friday 22 April 2011

Easter Treat Tutorial

I, like most other Mums out there, am easing myself into the Easter break with trepidation. I love spending time with my 4 year old twins but, alas, the honeymoon period full of fun and possibility was short lived and boredom and squabbles have settled in for the duration.

So for all you Mums out there looking for something to curb mischief for 5 minutes, I have put together this easy peasey Easter cupcake tutorial...


Easter Treats



First of all we need cupcakes!! I've not included the recipe here as you can use any recipe you like, or even use store bought (I won't tell - promise...).


 

I, however, have included photos of the cupcakes I made (just to show that I am indeed a superb mother, worthy of any 'Best Mother in the World' award).
 

Ingredients: Marshmallows, dessicated coconut, pink glitter sprinkles, pink and brown sugarpaste, any kind of pink candies, chocolate mini eggs and vanilla and chocolate buttercream. This is what I used anyway but there are lots of things that could be used instead - chocolate chips, strawberry laces, jelly beans etc etc...

   
 Right let's get cracking =)

For the bunny ears, use clean kitchen scissors to snip off the top of the marshmallows to reveal the gooey loveliness inside...

...and dip this into the pink sugar until the entire surface is covered.

 
Sprinkle on the coconut and pat into the buttercream in an attempt to get good all over coverage - more difficult than it sounds (trust me!) Pop the cupcake onto a plate or some greese proof paper before you start doing this in order to catch the bits (you have been warned!)


Now you can add what ever bits you'd like (or rather whatever bits you've got left after you the kids have eaten your their own weight in sprinkles) to make the bunny's face. I used sugarpaste for the eyes and whiskers and a pink choc candy for the nose. You should be left with a little Easter bunny!

To accompany the bunnies, and for all the coconut haters out there (including me), simply swirl chocolate buttercream onto a chocolate cupcake and add a few strategically placed mini eggs. Eggcellent (sorry).


Happy Easter and enjoy the clearing up (I did mention these were messy to make - right??) =]


No comments:

Post a Comment